Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
We want to enable as many organisations as possible to join the Lincoln Community Lottery as a good cause.
As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005) we have to ensure that member organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your organisation must:
- Provide community activities or services, which are of benefit to the residents of the City of Lincoln
- Have a dedicated bank account for the organisation
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
- Be willing to provide evidence relating to the above
And be one of the following:
- A constituted group (e.g. a sports club, community group or food bank), with Terms of Reference and a volunteer management committee, which has a minimum of three unrelated members that meets on a regular basis (at least 3 times per year)
- A registered charity, with a board of trustees
- A registered Community Interest Company, and provide copies of your Community Interest Statement, details of the Asset Lock included in your Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a copy of your latest annual community interest report
- You will be asked to provide copies of documentation to confirm the eligibility of your cause
- All funding received from Lincoln Community Lottery must only be used to support the residents of the City of Lincoln
We will not permit applications to join the Lottery:
- From groups promoting or lobbying for particular religious or political beliefs or campaigns – although we would accept applications from places of worship where the purpose of the work is generic in nature (e.g. food banks, clothes swaps etc)
- From individuals
- From organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- From organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a Community Interest Company)
- That are incomplete
The council reserves the right to reject any application for any reason. The council's decision is final.
The council reserves the right to cease to accept any organisation with a minimum of seven calendar days' notice for any reason. If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected cessation will be immediate.
Each good cause will self-certify themselves on an annual basis to ensure they remain eligible to benefit from the lottery. The council will carry out random checks of good causes to ensure they are/remain compliant with the above criteria.
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the Lincoln Community Lottery website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 50p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through Lincoln Community Lottery - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials provided digitally in a range of formats