Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
We want to enable as many organisations as possible to join the Lincoln Community Lottery which is for good causes that demonstrate their value to the local community.
As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005) we have to ensure that member organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your organisation must:
- Demonstrate that at least some of your community activities or services are of benefit to the residents of Lincoln
- Be located within a six mile radius of the city centre (see boundary map for guidance)
- Have a dedicated bank account for the organisation
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
- Be willing to provide evidence relating to the above
And be one of the following:
We will not permit applications to join the Lottery:
- From groups promoting or lobbying for particular religious or political beliefs or campaigns – although we would accept applications from places of worship where the purpose of the work is generic in nature (e.g. food banks, clothes swaps etc)
- From individuals
- From organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- From organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a Community Interest Company)
- That are incomplete
The council will create a panel of Members and officers to review applications and recommend spend from the central pot. The council reserves the right to reject any application for any reason. The council’s decision is final.
The council reserves the right to cease to accept any organisation with a minimum of seven calendar days’ notice for any reason. If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected cessation will be immediate.
Each good cause will self-certify themselves on an annual basis to ensure they remain eligible to benefit from the lottery. The council will carry out random checks of good causes to ensure they are/remain compliant with the above criteria.